Total time: 40 minutes
- 1lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 12 cherry tomatoes (1/2 pint)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, chiffonade
- For the polenta: Bring small pot filled with 1 cup of water to boil. Slowly add 1/4 cup cornmeal while stirring, until mixed well. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes while stirring occasionally (every 5 minutes).
- Set up breading station with 3 shallow dishes: On dish 1: place 1/4 cup flour; on dish 2: whip 2 eggs; and on dish 3: spread 1/2 cup breadcrumbs. To bread the chicken: pat dry with a paper towel and coat each tender in flour, shaking to remove excess. Then dip in egg, making sure it covers completely, and then coat in breadcrumbs. Press down gently to adhere.
- Heat 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large pan. Place the breaded chicken tenders in the pan and heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cut the basil into a chiffonade: stack the leaves and roll them, and then thinly slice.
- After removing the chicken, add to the hot pan 12 cherry tomatoes and 2 tablespoons basil chiffonade. Toss for 1-2 minutes, until the tomato skins blister.
- For the polenta: Now mix in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. (Optional: add 1-2 tablespoons of water to reach desired thickness.)
- Serve each plate with the chicken on a bed of polenta, topped with fresh basil tomato sauce. Enjoy!