Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup lentils
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 zuchini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 12 cherry tomatoes (1/2 pint)
- 1 oz sliced black olives
- Place 1/4 cup lentils in a small pot with 3/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to simmer for 18-20 minutes. Then remove from heat and set aside.
- Chop the zucchini, red onion and red bell pepper into small, bite sized pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a large pan on high heat. Add the chopped vegetables and toss for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- For the vinaigrette: In a bowl, mix 2 tsp honey, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- In a medium pan, heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil on medium-high heat. Coat the chicken in flour, and shake to remove excess. Then cook in pan for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Then add half of the vinaigrette, and cook for approximately 6-8 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Mix the lentils with cooked vegetables and 1 oz sliced black olives. Add remaining vinaigrette and mix well. Serve with cooked chicken. Enjoy!