Quinoa is naturally gluten-free and high in fiber, minerals and B vitamins. With the addition of eggs and fresh ingredients, here is a tasty way to start your day.
Breakfast Scrambled Eggs with Quinoa
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock (or water)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives or parsley
- 1/2 a pint of cherry tomatoes (8 oz)
- extra virgin olive oil
1. To cook the quinoa, bring to a boil 2 cups of chicken stock (or substitue with water). Then add 1 cup of quinoa, put a lid on and turn off the heat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
2. With a fork, scramble 2 eggs and cut the cherry tomatoes into halves or quarters. Place a medium size pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Then add the scrambled eggs and mix vigorously for 4-6 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low and incorporate the 1 cup cooked quinoa and 2 tablespoons feta cheese. Season with 1/8 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Mix for 1-2 minutes
4. Add the 2 tablespoons of chives or parsley, 8 oz of cherry tomatoes and remove from heat.